Thursday, June 4, 2009

New York, New York

Next time I fly to New York, I'm going to be sure it's on Jet Blue, and no not just because of the DirecTV.  (Although that's nice too.) I want to see for myself the makeover of Eero Saarinen's Terminal 5 at JFK.  Under construction since 2005, Jet Blue has finally unveiled the new 'old TWA terminal' with traveler convenience in mind, 21st century amenities, and some great dining options.


One of four 'Velocity Bars' located in gate areas

Re:Vive stations have touch screens where you can order food and charge portable electronics


My personal favorite: I've never seen anything in an airport that looked this inviting

Deep Blue designed for solo diners looking for a quick bite

Aero Nuevo

5ive Steak

Puquillo, the first tapas bar in a U.S. airport


Last, but not least - A blast from the past!  Raymond Loewy-designed Union News Coffee Shop which opened in the original TWA flight center (then called Idlewild)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...