Thursday, July 2, 2009

Great Buildings in Gardena

On my way to CA Boom over the weekend, I got a flat tire on the 405 freeway (Scary! Not to mention super inconvenient.) but it turned out to be an interesting detour because I came across a bunch of mid-century buildings along Western and Redondo Beach Blvd in Gardena when we were on our way to the tire repair shop. I would have stopped the car every other block to take photos, if I didn't have a passenger who was complaining that I was a crazy person (but I know he loves me!). I did pull over in order to get photos of a couple of great office buildings on Redondo that stand side by side.

1555 Redondo Beach Blvd, Gardena

Close up of concrete detail and metal screen - I love the pattern on the screen!

The 1555 building does have tenants, but I'm not sure if next door has just an office space for rent or if the whole building is for lease. Does anyone have any info on these buildings (i.e. original architect, original tenants) Any Mod Com folks reading this? I will continue to do my own research, but as I am totally unfamiliar with that area of LA, any assistance would be much appreciated.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...