Thursday, September 10, 2009

IKEA Heights

The IKEA Burbank store, with its close proximity to Hollywood, has enjoyed plenty of time in the spotlight with films like '500 Days of Summer' starring Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt and 'Easy to Assemble' with Illeana Douglass and guest stars like Jeff Goldblum. Then there are the Hollywood hopefuls who join in the fun and test their acting skills in short films using IKEA Burbank as their backdrop. Who needs a set designer, when IKEA provides about thirty different room sets that your actors can call home, right?

The latest buzz is about 'IKEA Heights', a silly drama shot at IKEA Burbank. I tuned in this morning to see what all the fuss was about and what do you know, there are a couple of my room sets still there! See, I used to be an interior designer at IKEA and while it's been quite some time since I left, I was happy to see that some of my work has survived.

These rooms are featured in the first episode of 'IKEA Heights':

The kitchen wasn't quite finished yet when this photo was taken



IKEA Heights from DaveAOK on Vimeo.


And the IKEA Restaurant that I designed and remodeled is featured in the next episode. The ceiling was still under construction in these photos and the pendant lighting had not yet been installed:




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...