Friday, October 9, 2009

Pump It

I have recently hopped on Twitter (you can follow me here) and so thankful that I did, because I have instant inspiration each morning when I log in. Before I even had a chance to put myself a cup of coffee this morning, I came across this groovy gas station.



The George Nelson-inspired starburst clock, the vertically run subway tile, and that lily-pad column that reminds me of the Johnson Wax Building built by Frank Lloyd Wright at the same period in time - Wonderful!    


Arne Jacobsen gas station - Copenhagen, Denmark (1937) via @Dwell


Johnson Wax Building - Racine, Wisconsin (1936-39) via Great Buildings Online


George Nelson Starburst Clock available at Unica Home



Jacobsen was not only an architect, but also designed Danish Modern furniture, such as the Ant and Swan chairs, as well as the Egg Chair pictured above.  Thanks to Dwell and Arne Jacobsen for the inspiration this morning!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...